Oregon Swimming Coaches Association - Professional Development Scholarship
Any person meeting the following criteria is eligible for nomination from the floor of the annual OSCA business meeting to receive funds to further their professional coaching.
- The coach must be present at the annual OSCA Business meeting in order to accept the nomination.
- The coach must be registered with Oregon Swimming and currently coaching an Oregon Swimming club.
- The coach must be a member in good standing of OSCA for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- The coach member's club must be a member of Oregon Swimming for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Any club or individual that received an OSCA scholarship within the past three years is ineligible for nomination for a scholarship.
- Any club or individual that chooses not to use awarded funds is ineligible to receive additional funds for five years.
- Each fall, prior to the OSCA Annual Business Meeting, the OSCA President and Treasurer, with assistance from the OSI Office Manager, will generate a list of potential nominees to present to the OSC Members at the meeting. If an LSC web site is available, a list of potential nominees will be available no later than 30 days prior to the OSCA meeting.
- Scholarships are available for a period of one year from the date the selection is made.
- Scholarship funds may only be used to cover or defray the cost of educational activities (e.g. expenses related to attendance at clinics --registration fee, transportation, and hotel) or educational materials (e.g. videos, books, etc.). Scholarship funds are not available for the purchase of equipment (e.g. kickboards, stop watches, VASA Trainers, etc.).
- Scholarship funds may not be used for an expenses related to entertainment.
OSCA reserves the right to approve the use of all grants.