Officials News Archive - May, 2006
May 11, 2006
In order to get certified at the N2 OR N3 level you must:
1) Plan on working a N2/N3 Qualifying Meet;
2) Complete an application to officiate (if applicable);
3) You MUST complete a Request for Evaluation form;
4) Follow all other requirements of the meet you are working;
5) Enjoy the experience.
I've posted two documents elsewhere on this web site: a generic version of the Request for Evaluation, and an instruction sheet to help you fill it out. Please become familiar with these documents... if the forms change I will post the new versions as soon as possible and inform you of the changes.
This would be the part where I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone a bit and work higher level meets... the more officials that do that in our LSC the greater the benefit back to our athletes, coaches, parents, and other officials due to increased awareness, experience, and knowledge. (OK, that might qualify for the year's longest sentence).
May 11, 2006
The following information is important regarding the summer USA Swimming 2006 Speedo Championship Series Western Zone Gold Summer Sectional Championship on July 19-20-21-22-23, 2006.
This is a Qualifying Meet for Officials for N2 and N3 certifications. Please note that you MUST use the Request for Evaluation Form as a first step toward attaining N2 OR N3 at this or other qualifying meets.
The following forms and documents are posted elsewhere on the OSI website:
1. Meet Information Sheet (Word);
2. Application to Officiate (PDF);
3. Request for Evaluation, specific for WZ Gold Summer Sectional Championship (Word);
4. Request for Evaluation, generic (Word);
5. Request for Evaluation Notes and Instructions (PDF).